I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pinoy Eats


While having adobo and rice breakfast at Las Paellas in B.F. Homes, we spotted the taho vendor walking past. I gave chase and promptly procured two of these.

Let the feasting begin! Oh, what's the point of going home if you're not going to on a pound or ten, huh? Part of my childhood was about waking up after an afternoon siesta (imposed by adults on us overactive kids) to the lone sound of the Taho vendor. "Ta-hoooooo!" Made of bean curd, tapioca and caramelled sugar syrup it was a great reward for being such a good boy for taking the afternoon nap. Then, after being properly dosed with sugar, my brothers and I are off like a shot to the outdoors and boyhood shenanigans. Here's another look for those of you who've had the pleasure.






Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Pontillas said...

MMM. What province are you from?

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Born in Cavite City. Next to Sangley Point. You?

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Louie del Carmen said...

Damn that just made my mouth water.... That cup probably cost 100 pesos now or some insane price?

I remember trying to find the biggest mug or cup to put my Taho in. It was the best thing especially after siesta.

One cup of that stuff now and my diabetes genes are doing the happy dance.

Eat up bro.

3:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ronnie, I have been hearing about this puto (not sure of correct spelling)and what is it?

7:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,

Dude, it is request time. If you see 7D Dried Mangos or Polvoron Pinipig from Goldlilocks, PLEASE pick them up. I will pay you double money. The ones in the Bay Area do not do justice. I miss the philippines. Are you and your family going to venture out to beaches like Palawan or Bohol? I think that Boracay is too overdeveloped and that was 12 years ago.

cK

8:12 AM

 
Blogger roque said...

TA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Bobby Pontillas said...

Hi Ronnie,
My family is about 10 hrs south of Manila in Bicol, that area has been recovering from a pretty severe hurricane. But they got their lights up just in time for Christmas, so things are lookin up!

12:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh ... that looks so delicious Ronnie ... sounds like you're having quite the time ! Merry Christmas to you Tess and the kids !

Enrico and Marit

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Lord Grimthorn said...

Man, that looks great!! Great blog Ronnie.

10:26 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I grow up eating something similar in Hong Kong too!! YUM!!!

12:14 PM

 
Blogger kaNO! said...

I think it's awesome that you kept real to your roots, but honestly that stuff looks gross dude.....just saying.

9:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eating the best Philippine eats just wont cut it. You will never be satisfied because your actually remembering the good times or situations or maybe childhood memories and you could never bring that back. But you could always create new memories. Live life!

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home