I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Turkey day



Here we go. First time to be flying with the family over this harried holiday. Oh, heavens. We're off to visit my mom who's taken up residence in Las Vegas. I hope to get some airport drawings done or some sort of drawings done on the trip.

I leave you with images from Ernest H. Shepard. These images of Shepard's are not of Pooh or Willows folk. The focus of the narratives are about the holidays. I thought it appropriate for the week--fitful sleep, harried travel, and taxing festivities--all good fun--though nothing beats a quiet, intimate dinner, I always say.

1 2 3 4

I've admired his "decorations" on the Winnie the Pooh books for so long (I keep buying the same books over), so it came to pass that one day I gave myself the job of illustrating my own self-published little book, "Frogg's Lament." A Nina book, to be sure, an homage to Mr. Toad of Wind in the Willows fame by Kenneth Grahame (of course illustrated by EHS and famous for it, though Grahame didn't live to see those drawings adorn his stories).


Buford K. Frogg causes all sorts of trouble for Nina. Page 31, much has happened already.


Have a safe and happy holiday week.


Tirade post on Frogg's Lament. It' been a year and half already? Must get to work.




7 Comments:

Blogger Cereal Killer said...

Nice illustrations my friend.....
really awesome, they remind me of some books i´ve read when i was a child....and really were my favourite....have tried to draw them with my tiny colour bars....

( º3º) so silly, hu?

Great job in here!

7:32 AM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

Ooh those drawings look like they're from the 20s...I should look this illustrator up! So much inspiration for me comes from that decade, the artwork especially. Thanks for sharing!
Eagerly anticipating Nina and Peg's next big adventure...!

8:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ronnie,
My name is Einat Hummel and I am a creative director at www.aniboom.com , a new user generated video site dedicated to animation content.
I came across your blog while searching for interesting blogs, and I really love it!
Id be happy if you could take the time to hop in and check us out.
Id love to hear what you think of the site, so please contact me to for4@aniboom.com for any thoughts questions or suggestion for future cooperation that you may have. any kind of feedback would be highly appreciated, and if you find some movies that you like, Id be very grateful if you use them or write about them in your excellent blog.
Thanks a lot for your time, and keep up the fine work you're doing.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Einat Hummel
Aniboom

7:03 AM

 
Blogger Alex Senna said...

Nice illustrations!!!!!!

5:15 AM

 
Blogger Stephan said...

Hi Ronnie,

just wanted to tell you that you're art is really great! I watched a lot of you're art here on you're blog, and you have a great drawing style and feel for colouring. What I like also, is that you're art looks very natural, not that pre-calculated stuff ( but that can be good as well though ).
I saw a picture of you drawing in some cafe. It's good to see that there are artists out there that do that kind of stuff, just drawing anywhere.
Anyway, really cool art, and I'm gonna link ya ;)

Bye!

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Turkey remains one of the most unique and beautiful countries you can spend your holidays in. This amazing country has a rich ancient history of ancient civilization, with records of human interaction.
cheap turkey holidays

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Rizwan said...

Your blog is so much helpful and very nice ideas your post is so much good thanks

Pegasos World

4:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home