I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Three Trees write up in the L.A. Times


Three trees and a flower. Kuro-chan (Missus Uesugi), Tadahiro, Enrico and yours truly inside the famed Love Lounge.

Alex Chun contacted us about doing an article about the show for the L.A. times Calendar section. The interview was done over the phone while Enrico and I tried to recall how this all started. We're murky about dates and some chronology. But one thing is for sure, if it wasn't for the internet none of us would have met or even known about each other.

Uesugi says he feels very comfortable showing his work next to Del Carmen's and Casarosa's. "Three of us, we've all grown up in different countries, but you would think that the show is done by three artists who have learned together at the same place."


Our thanks to Alex for getting us some ink in the L.A. times. Couldn't have come up with it ourselves, "An article about us in a major metropolitan newspaper? Of course!" Great timing for the show this weekend. Alex has edited several books, most recently "The Pin-up art of Bill Wenzel" and "The Pin-up art of Dan Decarlo" for Fantagraphics books. And I find out from an entry in Amazon about his books that he practices law in his "spare time." Where he finds the spare time is what I want to know. I need a truck load of it right about now.

Link to LA. Times Calendarlive.com. article on Three Trees Make a Forest.

Nucleus Gallery
Tadahiro Uesugi
Enrico Casarosa




7 Comments:

Blogger Drazen said...

sounds like good vibes all around! Congratulations!

7:10 AM

 
Blogger Jason Newkirk said...

congrats, and good luck with your show this weekend!! Cheers!

7:26 AM

 
Blogger Dik Pose said...

That show is gonna be PACKED!!!! I hope I get a chance to say hello to you all... gonna be a great show, I have been anticipating it for months! :)

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

You guys made it onto Cartoon Brew too! Good luck with the show.

a

2:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh eh ... awesome photo ...

enrico

12:22 AM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

CONGRATZ YOU GUYS!! I know the show will be a huge success!

11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you had any more of those oranges shirt that you had at the three trees gallery and where can I buy them?

P.S.
Loved your show and was wondering which watercolor paper or papers do you use for the sketch crawl with your watercolor.

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home