I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Gallery One, Down


It was a good turnout for our first gallery at Meltdown, thank you to all who came by to see us. We were so happy to see so many familiar faces and quite a few converts in there as well. The collection of images Enrico and I eventually framed for the show were going to be familiar to those who've bought Fragments but somehow it was elevated to a different level of appreciation, now that it's displayed so. Even for us, actually. All of the drawings seemed better than all the years I've kept them in musty folders.

I actually had left two collage boxes of drawings accidentally (even pleaded the case to my son that he should fly them down the very day of the opening--no go). They were the best representation for the idea of the show, I was so disappointed in myself for not having the presence of mind to mind these two left on the small sitting chair in the living room. Sigh. Best laid plans...

Before the show even opened a silent sale had happened and one of the original illustrations from the book was sold (that bodes well for the rest of the show we hope) then the books and prints made good sales as well. Felicity had made the experience so stress free and, being an old hand at this, her calm kept us on schedule and anxiety free. Couldn't have done it without her help.

Visit Enrico's journal to see his collection of photos of the event. This gallery is going to be up till the end of the month.

A special thanks to my wife, Tess, for helping me through a tough week. Check out the photo of the brothers del Carmen together with our number one fans--in that photo from the left, Luisa, Rick, Tess, Me, Julie and Louie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dean Trippe said...

Awesome pics, dude!

10:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie,

I wanted to make the show but it was a no-go with the Big Boss. I even tried to bribe her with a proposal of leaving off at the Bev Center or Melrose, but she did not bite and did not want to make the long trek. Sounds like a great show. I hope that you displayed your stash of beautiful drawings that you showed me in your office at P.

Anyway, I am going to check out Enrico's showing at Art Explosion this weekend.

cK

PS. I hope that your mom is better.

9:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics. Wish I could've gone. Sounds you had a lot of fun and success at the opening!

Karen

4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home