I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Do you hate creepy crows? I know I do.



"A Murder of Scarecrows"is an excellent online flash game by illustrator Vincent Marcone that gave me an obsessive need to shoo away crows off of creepy scarecrows hoping to keep them from drying up and blowing away. Arrgh! I got a high score of 459, short of the 467 score that would have gotten me into the published score list. And I wanted it...bad! Evil crows must die.

It took some getting used to. There is a pre-game intro illustrating how the game works, well done really, but I fumbled with it anyway. But I got the hang of the slingshot way of hurling those seeds and now it's just a race for time. And my friends the scarecrow don't have a lot.


Check out the Marcone website for his illustrations here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really cool game. Thanks for the link! Of course, since I suck at computer games I failed the poor scarecrows horribly... Still, it looked really cool as I sucked.
Also, I posted a question with some new Nina art on the Nina thread over on sketchbook sessions board. I realize now that I should have just emailed you since I don't know how often you check the board. I figure your blog will work too. I'm trying to get the local comic shop to carry Paper Biscuit. They're really friendly to indie books so it shouldn't be a problem. I was just wondering if PB is listed in Previews or would the shop owner need to order some from you directly? Once I know, I'll take my issues over and convince him that his store NEEDS Paper Biscuit ^_^ I think it'll sell well here in Austin.

6:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops! That anonymous post was from Eddie Perkins. I wish I could remember my blogger password...

6:19 PM

 
Blogger Dean Trippe said...

Okay, so that game is really cool, but it's a bit too depressing to watch the scarecrows be torn apart when there are no seeds appearing!

Okay...time to put down the internet...

10:51 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Eddie, I posted a response at the Shanesboard Nina thread. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Deantrippe, I still get so upset when no seeds appear when you get to the three hundreds score or so, the friggin' birds just go at your scarecrows. What gets me is that after you lose the game the sound of seeds poppping in persists. It mocks me, I tell you!

No more coffee for me.

Death to crows!

1:31 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Okay, I did it! So I knew I broke through and got into the top 100 list. In the end I maded it to Number 30 on the list. Yeah! Take that blasted crows!

But wait. I check the list again. There on Number 9...RONNIEDELCARMEN? How? Wha...?

It must've been that very first time I did the game, I didn't mind the score then and just played. That or the second time. I have no real recollection of this. But there it is, plain as day.

I'm one badass crow killer after all.

12:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home