I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

99 Rooms


If you like to be creeped out while sitting in front of your computer... Well, you could try to visit this Myst-like site by Schumanncombo.com. My suggestion is to do this alone in the dark for extra creepy points. It's just empty industrial places with painted on murals. The ambient sounds will complete the illusion of being there, enough to make you rear back a few times. Flash animation, and some mouse hunting to move you on to the next rooms. Room 44 got to me, more spooky ones in the later half.

As always, the headline of the post is a link to the site. Or if you like, click here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ronnie said...

Now, I wish I had done that walk through the rooms at night with my kids. A good Holloween scare in some of those rooms.

Now I want to do a series. Like, "Pixar at Night." Lord knows I'm there a lot those hours.

Thanks for posting.

Ronnie

10:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,
These rooms reminds me of the old World War I forts that are located throughout the coasts in the Bay Area (Marin Headlands:Fort Baker, Fort Cronkite; Lands End: Fort Miley; Ocean Beach: Fort Funston). In a few year's past, there was easy access to these forts. Some of them go through several blocks like catacombs. Too many late night keggers (I think that I participated in a few) close them down. Unfortunately, they are padlocked now.
There is another funny story. Back in my early teens, my friend and I snuck into one of old forts in the Presidio when it was still restricted as part of military. Military Police caught us thinking that we had illegal contraband. My friend was carry Penthouse magazine. (Don't ask me why?). The MP laughed it off and let us go. The morale to this story is to carry a dirty mag if you ever enter restricted area.

cK

11:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

On the contrary, I am married. Be prepared to spend a lot in shoes, clothes in making amends.

:(

cK

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a trippy site, Ronnie. Thanks, I think. :)
-Karen

11:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw this website on the news, questioning internet art and the meaning of it. room 26 scarred the crap out of me, amazing site - best if done in the dark, sound up, and TAKE YOUR TIME!

11:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home