I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Long weekend and have a happy 4th



Been working. Time to draw the Nina stories have taken a big hit, so the planned book of Paper Biscuit 3 is on hold. I've worked out the issue and roughed out an outline but have had to leave it alone. I'll get back into it in a few weeks. Be really ahead for next year, eh? I tried to do a little ditty for San Diego -- not Nina based--but even that turned into something larger. I gotta learn to make smaller stuff.


Drawing done in Photoshop with a customized brush. Image at the top of the post links to a larger image. This detail for those who couldn't be bothered.

Drawing has been opening more aspects of relaxation in the line. When you relax and not put the mind into a performing stance the images appear. I wonder if there are exercises to achieve this with more certainty. Or maybe it is just time. Whatever it is, I am having the best time ever drawing (that I can still say that amazes me no end). And, even though I can't draw for myself every day, I have this kind of hunger I know I can rely on later to bring me to that spot.

Rambling now ceasing. I bring you back to your regular programming. Happy fourth, people!




15 Comments:

Blogger monkeyfeather said...

As always Ronnie, cool drawing. Too bad you won't have anything for SDCC, but I look forward to when it is published. Have a great 4th.

7:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July, Ronnie, love your work. I'm sorry that I can't make it to the SDCC, if you have any new Paper Biscuit works be sure to send them towards Ben's Nucleus booth or store. It will be wonderful to see your pre-ordered works again.

10:08 AM

 
Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

It's wonderful to see some of your drawings again. I eagerly anticipate PB 3, and whatever else you're working on at the moment too!

a

1:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures look like the 3rd installment of the PB set. Ronnie is the man! WOO HOO!!!!!

1:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,

Maybe, it is a blessing in disguise that you won't have a book for San Diego. You guys work too hard. It is a chance for you just to wander and explore the Con rather than just be stuck at a booth.

Just started my new job. My sabbitical was great. Incorporated Yoga into my daily life. Started to hike every weekend in places like Sonoma and Marin.

Take care and look forward to your new book.

cK

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

yessss!! Looks like Nina is setting sail for another adventure :D
hmmmm i think you've inspired me (no surprise there) to do an all digital illustration. Your's always look so awesome and somehow not very digital which I love
- Paul

11:35 PM

 
Blogger Meesimo said...

Beautiful drawing! Nice hand-made look mixed with a digital quality.
Sometimes I think executing personal art projects can be like grocery shopping when your hungry. Takes on a life of its own...Anyways, Lookin forward to the next Nina publication!
-Meesimo

8:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

daddy, i was watching you draw this!
sure turned out well!

9:52 PM

 
Blogger Sedyas said...

Wow, greeeeat drawing, Ronnie! The girl (not Nina) remembers me to Bernet's Clara. :)

A greeting
-Sed

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Always fun to see your new drawings!! :)

11:19 PM

 
Blogger Gabriele Pennacchioli said...

Lovely drawing.
It made me think of Hypocrite by Jean Claude Forest.

10:20 AM

 
Blogger Thierry Martin said...

superbe de finesse et de sensibilté.

bravo

1:41 PM

 
Blogger mike said...

i love this drawing! you are so creative, ronnie! :)

12:14 PM

 
Blogger Kelly Conley said...

Mr. Del Carmen, your Paper Biscuit is some of the most imaginative, unique work I have ever seen. I can't wait for the third installment. You have a fan.

4:11 PM

 
Blogger Mustashrik said...

hey there mr del carmen!

your work just keeps getting better and better, love this piece especially, and cant wait to see what you do with the next paper biscuits

:)

M

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home