I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Andrew Robinson



Bloke who really should do more comics. Are you one of those who was struck wide-eyed upon seeing Dusty Star and ogled those lovely inked drawings of a gun-slinging babe in a western/sci-fi action/comedy romp? I was. Thing is, I see Andrew Robinson's covers and books here and there and wish he'd do Dusty regularly. Well, actually, I don't know that he isn't. But here's his website for a sampling of what meester Robinson can do with lines on paper. link



Thanks to Rick Cortez of the Drawingboard.org for the heads up.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I want to see more Dusty Star as well. For a while there Andrew was doing alot of DC covers. Then.. nothing. He has great storytelling skills. And a fun style.

Comic work is sooo time consuming. I'd rather be doing covers as well. But to be able to do your own story anyway you want... more Dusty Star please.

I noticed on his website (where I am unable to fully access his gallery) the Dusty Star "storyboards". Is there a new screen project in the works?

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Lubomir said...

Dusty Star was supposed to come out months ago from Image, and I've been waiting eagerly. Thank's for the website.

1:36 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This was a sleeper...I too fell under the spell of Dusty Star.

10:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have issue one here on my desk, it is truly a beautiful thing and leaves me wanting more!! Andrew will have a 5.5" x 5.5" squarebound Dusty Star sketchbook for sale in San Diego!
-rico.
http://kickstandkids.com

9:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew's work is AMAZING. He's also a wonderful person.
-Kris Blaze

4:34 PM

 
Anonymous Eyes like dusty said...

Awesome information..
Keep writing and giving us an amazing information like this..

Blog Walking visit myblog nyapnyap.com ^^

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home