I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Friends checking in

Nothing like a little car theft to bring friends together, eh? Thanks to all who posted their sympathies for my stolen car and also some of their stolen car stories. It helps me mellow out about it. I get the impression that this happens a lot everywhere. Daring people who steal cars, must be a romantic notion to being a car thief. And a subset of some pedestrian logic that insurance will replace it all anyway and that they're not really harming anyone. Reminds me of some tagger saying that vandalizing private and public buildings is his way of creating jobs--the cleaning crew who will be paid to scrub his name off. That's one capillary of the independent economy I'm not willing to subsidize.

Philip Hunt of Studio AKA sent me the link to the Uk Guardian article of the recent Miyazaki interview. If you haven't already read it then look here. I'd love to grow up to be master Miyazaki, if I had one wish it would be that. I should start a small studio somewhere in Asia and give it a go, don't you think? Philip also wanted to help me get through my loss by offering a replacement. Nice guy. "Best wishes – and sorry to hear about the car - The attached automobile is currently for sale in Rome – if you’re interested!!

--Philip"




UPDATE. Philip was not done being helpful (thought I did a good job of making him look like a used car salesman. This certainly will help that along. Heh) and sent me these. I thought I loved the Japanese tiny cars but apparently Italy can give them a run for their money.





3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sooo cute!! Love that car !! :)

10:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do they give you a canopener so you get out ?

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

The first car at the top - Mr Incredible drives one of those does he not?

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home