I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Quick lists


Cintique drawing with Photoshop. Nina seem more belligerent to you?

Got the blahs. No amount of coffee seem to work these days. There's stuff to do but I seem to be ensconced in an emotional block. Sigh. No need to join me in the pit. Check these out instead.

Time online's Best and Worst: Comix list. Check out the other best/worst items on the side nav bar.

China on Site has has classic chinese stories told sequentially with text. More like illustrated books really but they call it comics, I won't argue. Illustrations are amazing, though small.

Kazuhko Nakamura--or "Almacan" to you, presents Mechanical Mirage. A digital image gallery of his work combining 19th century machines and armor.

Takahashi Hikaru is the gentleman who was very kind to have met us--and driven us around--in Japan when we visited Tadahiro Uesugi. This is his excellent website--my favorite image is the collection of noir illustration he has on the opening page. He is a graphic novelist as well as an avid puppeteer.

And speaking of Tadahiro Uesugi, he has an exhibit March 8, 2005. Check out this page--"e" link to exhibit. I want to go and see! But I can't. Lament.

"How and Why Wonder books," remember those? They were wonderfully illustrated and large format. This is a gallery of covers with still some extant.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang that's an awesome Nina, Ronnie!

Enrico

6:25 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Gee, thanks, buddy. Coming from you, who's seen the most Nina images 'cept for yours truly, that's a real compliment.

I'm heading into some fun ways (read: relaxed) to draw the story. It's really bugging me that I can't get to the third book yet. And even so...I manage to squirrel some time to test draw. I hear you...I'll make a "to do" list.

I swear, I will. Honest.

R.

11:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on that Nina, I know I sound like a broken record here, but when I saw the new Nina pic I got really giddy. Can't wait to see her new book.

--Justin that baldpenguin guy

4:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Nina's talking with her friends at the coffee shop - seeing her interact is nice. I wonder what it would be like for her to befriend a neighborhood kid - maybe a little girl who looks up to Nina and wants to spend time with her. Nice drawing of Nina! Sometimes I wish I had a Cintique, but then I look over at all the half-finished paintings in my basement office and think how the problem is me, not my gadgets!

12:09 PM

 
Blogger Chad Kerychuk said...

I know how you feel Ronnie. I've got a half hour documentary and my demo reel to edit and ship off, last year's taxes and this year's taxes to get ready for the accountant, 2 blog articles to write, scanning of some palaeontological books for a friend, and finish sorting a mountain of paper.

Somehow, though we manage to find time and energy to cruise our favorite web haunts and eventually get our projects done. I guess we like to keep busy! Thanks for the fun lists!

10:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great cintiq sketch! wahou ! I do love your "paper biscuit" female character, very good job!! ;-) Best, Guillaume

12:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home