I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

New Yorker piece on Miyazaki



Margaret Talbot writes about the Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki, the writer and director of such films as “Spirited Away.” Here, with The New Yorker’s Daniel Cappello, Talbot discusses Miyazaki’s films, his influences, and his temperament.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the article link!
-Karen

5:03 PM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

The full text of the original article is still available from the New America Foundation. A shame the New Yorker is letting their web site links rot away! They'll figure this web thing out some day, I hope.

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home