I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Totoro Forest--Forest Heroes gets one of these!


Gouache and watercolor on cold press watercolor board, approximately 6" x 8". Nina appears care of Paper Biscuit Industries.

A little Sumpin' sumpin'. The Forest Hero level tickets ($500) not only gets you into the auction and entitles you to the wondrous catalog of images of all the art it also means that you get a bookplate to come along with it. That bookplate will be especially made, original art--actual media, people--created by our artist friends: Enrico Casarosa, Dice Tsutsumi, Bill Presing, Scott Morse and yours truly.

Above is my first contribution to this pool. I hope to do at least two more. Check out the others made by the guys on our Totoro Forest Blog. Just our way of showing our appreciation to our Forest Heroes for supporting this cause.

See you all soon.

Totoro Forest Project auction tickets
Totoro Forest Project

Totoro Forest Project Blog




Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Sedyas said...

I love Nina. I love Totoro. Perfect, Ronnie!

2:22 AM

 
Blogger RAWLS said...

Heroes rule... and get great rewards too!!! Nice job my friend, beautiful work. Wish I could be there for the show.

6:51 AM

 
Blogger monkeyfeather said...

This is like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Two great things that go great together.

9:12 AM

 
Blogger SketchCrawl said...

yay!! Fantastic Ronnie!!!

e

10:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie! It's been a while since I last commented here, but I just gotta say how awesome all this Totoro project art is. I wonder if Miyazaki has publicly reacted to any of this yet...

Great pieces and great intentions... makes me inspired to continue to be an artist.

Régis

1:39 AM

 
Blogger Jamal O said...

Wow,

Just came into the knowledge of your work.

Beautiful drawings.

all the best

Jamal

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Gerald Guerlais said...

Really as charming as a french woman.
I can't wait. This event sounds terrific from A to Z.

3:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A totoro and a Nina in the same beauty,
How to resist the call? ^_^

7:49 AM

 
Blogger EL GRANDE said...

Great image Ronnie. I wish we could be there.

Peace,
joe y elio

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Kim Herbst said...

Really great work, it feels and fits so well! Good luck with the project as a whole!

6:19 AM

 
Blogger Dan said...

Wonderful piece. I also wish I could be there for this, the book is a nice consolation tho.

7:34 AM

 
Blogger Fabian said...

Beautiful work! Wish i could be there!
Hugts from Mexico,
Your friend,
Fabian!

12:13 PM

 
Blogger Alan said...

So charming! Great work.

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Pere Mejan said...

Great Work!

2:24 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

this whole project was amazing, i'm glad it all went so well!

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Silvia Nanni said...

Hola, admiro mucho tus trabajos, agregué tu link a mi BLOG, espero que no te moleste, si fuese así, lo elimino.

Feliz Año Nuevo!

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home