I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

My final Story Auction piece


"Nina Light Reading" was done in Gouache on pastel board. My thanks to Ted Mathot for giving her a good home and that very generous contribution.

I love a nap. The auction was held last Friday and it was a roaring success. I've been very busy of late and yet it's a good busy--the only kind I welcome. Somehow with even less time than usual I managed to help out in the Story Auction and make pieces for it. Of course I drove Shannon Ryan mad (she's our Story manager on UP and shoots lazers from her red haired head). But that's part of the fun I was talking about. She's gonna kill me next week.



It was a blast. So much fun. It was like a fiesta and people attending were having such a great time, some even remarked that we should do this more often. If it wasn't so hard to organize alongside work we probably would. At the night of the auction this piece had the single highest bid during silent auction.



My thanks to all of Pixar Story for being the stars of the show. You guys and gals ROCK! All of the volunteers who traded in more extra hours of their free time to organize and run all the details of the show. You are all rock stars. To all who participated by buying art, appreciating it and making the event a grand success, thank you, thank you!

More details and pictures to come.




Labels: , , , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Raghu G said...

... like it !

6:19 PM

 
Blogger JP said...

What a gorgeous, relaxing piece.

12:23 AM

 
Blogger Larry Levine said...

It's beautiful--the winning bidder has excellent taste!!

1:26 PM

 
Blogger Chris Palmer said...

fantastic contribution. glad it was a successful event.

7:11 PM

 
Blogger Kei Acedera said...

lovely shapes and design Ronnie!

4:57 PM

 
Blogger C.Deboda said...

Nicely done! Enjoyed seeing a little bit of the progress shots as well.

12:16 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Just saw your stuff in Swallow and realized I'm very familiar with your work and am a big fan. This is a beautiful piece! I'm adding you to my blog list.

11:00 AM

 
Blogger the doodlers said...

Inspiring!

Okay, I'm ready for my nap now.

^-^ ~Arna

8:21 AM

 
Blogger SalBa CombĂ© said...

What a watercolors! It's a beautiful work. I link you in my blog if you are ok

3:59 AM

 
Blogger Katy Hargrove said...

That's adorable. :)

7:00 PM

 
Blogger rose-a-petits-pois said...

How sweet !
I really like that painting and the design of the character :-)

3:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always sir. And you make it look so effortless too.

Any plans for a new book or anything I should look out for at Comic Con this year?

Really looking forward to Wall-E and especially the "Art Of" book. Hope to see plenty of Ronnie briliiance in there.

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Marcelo Braga said...

Really cool Nina. I like the medusa too.
Is there a site or blog where we can see all the art pieces? :)

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Soooo cute sooo pretty!

9:25 PM

 
Blogger Tobias Schwarz said...

this is a great piece!

8:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jUST BEAUTIFUL.

7:04 PM

 
Blogger Cuentos de Antiguamente said...

Hi, Ronnie!!
Love your work.
Greeting for Spain.
Best

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Hoon said...

Lovely!

11:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really tranquil and beautiful piece of work.. you're so talented!

6:29 AM

 
Blogger Xavier Yabut said...

I like the style of the illustration and the composition!

-Xavier

11:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home