I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, March 12, 2007

A Sketchbook page


Fabriano Quadrato Artist's Journal. Pencil and pen plus some cutouts.

The laboratory. As in, the sketchbook as laboratory. I do my thinking on my sketchbooks. I jot it down as I muse on what happens to Nina. The problem is I have so many notes to myself that I forget which ones to follow. I guess the most recent ones are the ones I use.

The current kick I'm on is the fact that I love my sketchbook drawings. So why not use those drawings for the book? Hmmm?

The truth is I could be staring at the obvious and not see it. I have to "talk" to myself about stuff. The sketchbook is a way for the dialog to actually take place.

We are officially strange as of today.




Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger tulanoodle said...

I really like this, I love to see a creator's thinking process, even more than the final product sometimes. I really hope you decided to publish your sketchbook pages.

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Aurora Cascudo Román said...

I like your character VERY MUCH, fresh style, of course and we share blog-pattern..
I´d like to know HOW you got to change the "title pattern" of the blog, if my explanation is awful (sure it´s), please, watch mine and perhaps you´ll understand what I´m asking.
Great blog!
un saludo!!

1:32 PM

 
Blogger Sandra Khoo said...

Beautiful sketches,Ronnie. Wish my sketchbook were as neat as yours,with all the ideas in it's proper place. And yes,hope you will use your sketchpages in the next publication. I know I'd buy it.

10:50 PM

 
Blogger chris chua said...

simply beautiful! I agree, my sketchbooks are like diaries with drawings plus notes and random things in it as well. Great stuff man, and i cant wait to see more:)

10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely... can we see more of the sketchbook? :)

11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home