I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Nina Chapter Breaks




Grab what time there is. With schedules being what they are and no way to govern a world full of surprises I am left with little pockets of time. This is where I'm going to have to learn a more efficient (even better than the last ones) way to get the books out there. I've talked about a more relaxed approach for a while and it seems I'm closing in on the beginnings of one. I'll cross my fingers.

Thanks for the support out there. You all make it so worthwhile. I call the above illo a chapter break, but really, it's an exercise. Enrico and I try to nudge our personal projects along with little signs of progress here and there, we talk everyday about the challenges of keeping our books alive as well as progress our stories and drawings. All with just those little pockets of time.

Hope to keep myself honest. I'll post more as it comes.




Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Amelia Lorenz said...

I picked up a copy of Three Trees at Stuart Ng's booth last Saturday and it's chock full of loveliness. It's just great. Thanks for posting more drawings!

10:31 PM

 
Blogger samacleod said...

You're awesome Ronnie. Truly an inspiring guy. Thanks for your words. I think we could all do better with our pockets of time to be creative and productive. Good luck on your books.

12:45 AM

 
Blogger Randeep Katari said...

Ronnie, amazing illo, always inspiring. Keep it up, drop me a line if you get a second.

-R.

9:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice, always so elegant..

1:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or is Nina growing older? I really like her new look, full of texture and a hopeful attitude towards the future. She definitely feels more mature, though I'm sure her dreams still have a child-like imagination. :)

I look forward to Paper Biscuit 3!

RĂ©gis

5:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ronnie,

Pockets of time indeed. I can definately relate to "chain and ball" called a job. Working 8 weeks straight on 14 -16 hour a day schedule. But, pockets of time is needed for sanity and perpective on what is important like family. In a way, Nina is your child. I hope the Nina is nudging you to take a break and keep your imagination fresh and creative as she is your baby.

cK

6:29 PM

 
Blogger Tom said...

Wonderful sketch, I love the doodle in the previous post too! Great to see Nina again. Take your time with her stories, Ronnie, they are certainly worth the wait!

4:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home