I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Saturday, May 01, 2010

TIRADE has MOVED! To here, actually.


iPhone snap of a doodle yesterday from a meeting. I just made the connection as I write this post. I had moving on the brain.

PANIC! I've settled with my frantic life and near impenetrable proclivity to procrastinate. So, the fact that the May 1st deadline to migrate Tirade off of FTP publishing was coming was not going to be an exception. Except it was. April 30, yesterday, evening: searching the web for a way to backup my blog. Found many clunkers, downloaded a few. I really should have just looked into what Blogger had set up. Which I eventually did.

To my relief they had it all figured out. It went rather smoothly. Had a near panic that comments seemed to have not migrated along with my ur-blog posts. But that got resolved after I got to the last step. Then there was the forwarding post to relay people from the old address to here. It was only showing up...here--where it would be useless. That fixed itself after re-uploading the entire thing again.

Whew. So it was a dread panic and would have required industrial grade sedatives after the cataclysm of losing all these years of posts. It all turned out okay.

Pass the beer and let's post something.

________________________________________



Here's an image uploading test. My home Photoshop in on the fritz.






Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Randeep Katari said...

Awesome! I actually downloaded this backup blog software to keep the entire thing offline on your HD. Pretty good, but not for migratory purposes.
Love the doodles. Was looking at your stuff in the Batman:Animated book today! So great!

R.

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Thanks, Randeep. You have a copy of the blog somewhere? Good. The Batman book now appears ancient. It was at the time a hip book.

6:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Del Carmen,

Hope you are well. Did you receive my e-mail which I have sent you regarding the sinterklaasbooks in teh Netherlands? Could you please let me know if you are interested to participate?

all the best,

eric holman (info@blueingreenbv.nl)

2:57 AM

 
Blogger Gerald Guerlais said...

Welcome on blogger, Ronnie, We'll update your link on Sketchtravel.

3:12 AM

 
Blogger James Baker said...

if you still want to host your blog on your old site (maybe even at the old address) you can migrate to WORDPRESS. I did it a few years ago and everything, including comments came through just fine and I was able to preserve the continuity of my web address.

4:48 AM

 
Blogger SHOo said...

I love you test image! So soft! And I like the brush on the skin very much too!!

6:47 PM

 
Blogger Don Shank said...

I love this Nina painting Ronnie!

10:42 AM

 
Blogger Colin Jack said...

great drawing , great painting

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home