I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Old New



Counter Reset. The doodles I do are fleeting and so with anything I draw. I could lose these. I just had that happen in a big way over the holidays and I mourn for those things that I wrote and drew. After the trough of necessary emotions I chose to leave it as memory. I can't really have them them with me everywhere. Which I know is what I had insisted on doing.

I choose to draw some more and what survives will be up to the fates.

Good Start. Enrico just sent me a link to the Muji website that holds their manifesto. Both of us are pre-sold audience. We love Muji. A reason to fly to New York or Japan. I mean, literally on the list of things we have to do while there.

MUJI

Old hold fold cold sold mold Been playing Word warp on the iPhone and I thought I would quit after I break the million mark score. I'm way past that and I still do it.

Non sequitur I turned another year older on the last day of last year. Last week. I say it today. Steve Purcell says, "There's something that actually makes sense about starting the New Year right on the heels of a birthday." Never thought of it that way in all the years I've had this mill stone birthday. I think I will see it like that from now on.

Hold a sec... I am writing this on my work desk. I had just remembered that I had Muji pens lost along with that bag. I had a lovely brush pen that I was getting really attached to. As I opened applications on the computer I see a brown paper bag below the screen. I didn't carry all my Muji pens with me! I had these here still! I had a kid smile on my face if you happened to pass by with a camera. Underline this with silver.



This is going to be a great year.




Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Happy belated birthday Ronnie! Nice to hear you enjoyed the holidays and had some time to reflect on the past year. Best wishes in 2010!

1:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good pens are like old friends. They know everything about you and share with you their most intimate details. Here's to an amazing year filled with wonderful drawings.

2:07 PM

 
Blogger Art Fan Ako said...

Nice drawing! Happy belated birthday! Maligayang kaarawan.

6:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is. Have a great year!

2:09 AM

 
Blogger Eddie Perkins said...

I take it you lost a bag with art and supplies in it? I'm so sorry to hear that! That is never easy.

Well, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year. I hope it's a good one.

5:44 PM

 
Blogger Lucas Ferreyra said...

I love your work, ronnie!

7:24 PM

 
Anonymous Mustashrik said...

I love Muji brush pens too - have been using them for the last 4 years. Looking forward to seeing what you create this year Ronnie - Best Wishes

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

O no, lost sketch books... that hurts. Happy belated birthday & I love the Nina coffee drawing!!

6:57 PM

 
Anonymous Wisata Alam di Bali said...


Wow! Cool post! I really like the choice of your posts especially that I am fund of reading books. I know for a fat that you can learn a lot of things when you read books. That is why it is important that you learn to teach and encourage kids to read. Parents also are encouraged to read aloud to their children.

5:24 AM

 
Blogger Henry said...

Your work is so good. I like your painting is very perfect. Now it's time to avail Digital Marketing Services for more information.

5:49 AM

 
Blogger Jack Thomas said...

Your daily working routine is quite impressive. You did a lot of things in your daily routine and I really like your drawing. Keep up the good work. Now it's time to avail Metro Limo Detroit for more information.

12:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home